So first off I must ask...who created the equation that the first day back to school after break minuses out all of the clam, sweet Christmas spirit and equals crazy chaos and cranky kids?! I mean honestly! Today was just one of those days that I hate because I feel like I spend it yelling and barking orders. It came to the point on the drive to school where we were having one of those stern conversations with your eyes through your rear view mirror...you know what I'm talking about! Once it was all said and yelled I took a breath, took a sip of my "not a latte, but it'll have to do" coffee, explained why I needed him to behave, and then we hugged it out before heading into school. Thus began the first day back to school and the clock on my 2.5 hour, seems like 20 minute dash before pick-up.
My mission began to get some much needed essentials as well as start looking for birthday party supplies for little Miss Princess's 2nd birthday. To my shock and horror, alongside the heavily discounted Christmas leftovers was none other than the dreaded bathing suits! I mean honestly, bathing suits in January, in OHIO!?! It was just another reminder that maybe that extra plate of Christmas goodness was still lingering well past Santa's visit, and living in Ohio means pale skin for 7-8 months out of the year, and holy cow I was leaving for vacation in 11 days!!! Now trust me, if I wasn't leaving for vacation where a bathing suit was a necessity, I would have fallen over in horror that "someone" thinks NOW is the time to start thinking about getting into a bathing suit. So instead of hitting crisis mode at full speed I decided I was going to find a way to escape the awful lighting of a retail dressing room and lose 10 pounds!
Here enters....PURE GENIUS!
As adorable as all those little bikinis are, after 3 kids that's just what they are...little! Victoria's Secret has this great convertible, firm control one piece that is named perfectly, The Magicsuit! So whether at the pool with the littles or on vacation with the hubs I can be comfortable, confidant, and feel like I have a different suit for each day of the week! Bring on the magic! Crisis averted, bathing suit ordered, sinful retail dressing room lights averted! Vaca here I come!
With one item crossed off my list I was now able to focus on a much more important, more persistent, and more gross problem...boogies! Again, living in Ohio not only boasts pale skin 7-8 months out of the year, but also sniffles and boogies for just about as long. I am not quite sure the attraction, but for some reason it seems littles love to suck on baby wipes so therefore baby wipes will only be used for their intended purpose. I have since fallen in love with Boogie Wipes. These things are wonderful! They were created by a mom, used by moms, and get the job done! They come in a variety of different sizes, but I'm in love with the travel style that I can keep in my purse and on the go. Click here to get a .50 off coupon or enter to win your own pack of Boogie Wipes.
Entering Is Easy!
1. Comment on this post below.
2. Become a fan of Picking Lemons on Facebook by clicking here and then comment back on this post. If you're a new fan be sure to say hello on my Facebook wall.
* CONTEST OPEN TO ANYONE ON THE GLOBE *
* WINNER WILL BE SELECTED USING RANDOM.ORG *
* WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AT MIDNIGHT (EST) JAN 5TH*
* YOUR ENTRY IS YOUR COMMENT(s) LEFT HERE, UP TO 3 PER PERSON *
* PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE A WAY TO REACH YOU *
* ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER MIDNIGHT-JAN 5TH ARE VOID *
* WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE ON THURSDAY JAN 6TH *
* WINNER WILL BE SELECTED USING RANDOM.ORG *
* WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AT MIDNIGHT (EST) JAN 5TH*
* YOUR ENTRY IS YOUR COMMENT(s) LEFT HERE, UP TO 3 PER PERSON *
* PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE A WAY TO REACH YOU *
* ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER MIDNIGHT-JAN 5TH ARE VOID *
* WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE ON THURSDAY JAN 6TH *
GOOD LUCK!
Cheers,
No comments:
Post a Comment