Saturday, January 1, 2011

My First Pitcher of Lemonade

So as the first day of 2011 comes to a close I sit back and wonder what am I going to do better, wiser, faster, healthier, more/less, etc.? What projects have I started and not completed, what accomplishments am I proud of, how fast has the last year gone by? Another year gone, another year older, and another year of many experiences. And then it just kind of hits me...lemonade! Hang with me, trust me it'll make sense once I explain.

As a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker I wear many hats all throughout the day and yes it is a very difficult balance to maintain and I don't always do the best at all of them at once, but I do try very hard to keep them all going. I kind of feel like one of those circus performers that is trying to keep all the plates spinning at once...lets be honest, sometimes you'll break a dish or two and what I've learned is IT'S OK! Things can break, things don't need to be perfect, sometimes my 100% falls short, and most of the time life does hand you lemons. Ok, so here comes the lemonade...instead of just waiting (or usually holding my breath) until life decides to hand me lemons so I can make lemonade (as if we didn't have anything else to do, right?!) I am going to pick the lemons myself! If I am able to pick and choose what events, details, and memories are most important to create then I am able to pick those lemons before I have to make lemonade. I'm totally going against the system!

No one has to know what something was "supposed" to be, look like, feel, etc...it is what you make of it right?! When you look back on the memories and people that mattered the most no one is going to remember how clean the bathroom was, whether or not the casserole was burnt, if you were 15 minutes late to the birthday party...it's the little things, the little details, and the lemons you created. So there it is...my new motto, my new direction, and my new passion.

I figure that I cannot be the only person who has ever thought or felt some of these struggles at some point in life, so I welcome you to take this journey with me and share some lemonade!


Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment