I love eating together as a family and we try to do it as often as possible. Even more than that I think I love making a meal for the entire family when we're not rushing in from a long day, rushing out the door for practice, or we have 3 littles running on no nap and empty bellies...trust me, I don't recommend that one! So Sunday morning breakfast is probably my favorite time to cook when everyone is just getting going with the day. Ok, so here comes in the bacon. As we sit down to eat my oldest (by 10 minutes) loudly explains, "YAY BACON!" When I asked him why he loved bacon so much he happily responded, "because you made it for me!" I could have made that kid a whole pound of bacon dipped in chocolate sauce if he wanted after that heart melting remark.
So there you have it...it doesn't have to be planned, it doesn't have to be anything out of the ordinary for an amazingly sweet memory to be created. We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our lazy day with Legos, a little Just Dance, only a few minor meltdowns, and lots of laughs!
Cheers,
Kelly, how cool that you are writing these daily/weekly "lemonade" :) stories! Love it! I am thinking about starting a blog too! We'll have to get together and compare notes!
ReplyDelete- Kate Fineske
Sounds great Kate! I am loving it so far...its been a long time coming!
ReplyDelete