I’ve heard many times that Valentines’ Day is just any other day or a Hallmark holiday, but I treat it as a day that we get to let our family, friends, and loved ones know just how much we love them. True that we don’t need a holiday to tell some one that we love them, but it is a way for us to slow down, recognize, and extend those words a little bit more than we normally would.
As an extra added bonus to my Valentines’ Day, I was the helper mom at preschool and able to relive the excitement of all things Valentines! Wasn’t it so exciting to write your name on each and every little Valentine, bring them all to school, pass each one out, and then have your own bag full of cards, suckers, stickers, and hopefully a special little card from your crush?! Such a simple, sweet school day ritual that brings so much excitement!
The boys did double duty at their school by combining Grandparents’ Day along with all the Valentines festivities. It was such a great way to combine appreciating their grandparents, who they love so much, and celebrating all things Valentines!
Frosting cookies with Grandma
Refusing to smile with Grandpa (he really was happy though)
Grandpa sandwich!
Frosting cookies with Nana
Frosting her face!
We are so lucky to have such great grandparents who love our kids so much! I am so thankful that my kids have a wonderful, special relationship with each of their grandparents and even great grandparents. I honestly don’t know what we’d do without them and all the help they provide us. Through the hustle and bustle of crazy days we often forget to stop and show our appreciation, so this was a great morning to sit around, frost cookies, and show our love!
I can’t forget the hubs…I took advantage of construction paper, white school glue, and stickers while working in the boys’ classroom.
I even added his guilty pleasure…Reese’s!
Sometimes it’s the little things that really make life sweet!
Cheers…& Hearts,
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment