First, here is a little peek at what the hubs came home with on Valentines' Day!
Friday was supposed to be a relaxing night with both boys going to spend the night at each grandma's house and leaving the hubs, Kami, and I home to finish getting ready for Saturday's party and grab a quick dinner. However, about 15 minutes in to the boys being gone I get this picture message...
Needless to say that landed us all reunited at the local ER! 2 hours, 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 tube of lidocaine, and 3 stitches later he was all put back together. He was so ready to get out of there he decided to forgo the topical numbing medication and the little trooper didn't cry once! Mommy on the other hand got a little dizzy there for a second! This makes set #2 of stitches for Mr. Kyle. He'll have lots of stories to tell his girlfriends when he gets older. It was still nice to know that hugs from mom (and a popsicle) can still make everything right in the world.
After a 3 hour delay in our original plans we were back home and I was back in crafting world trying to get everything finished up for Kami's birthday party. By 1:30 am I was finally done and able to go to bed, but not before waking up 3 times to write something down so I didn't forget it the next day.
Saturday morning came way too early and I definitely needed that extra shot in my latte to get things moving before 3:00 party time. Surprisingly I was on schedule, all major disasters averted, and I was at Wildwood's Manor House setting up by noon. I am quite the control freak so where as most people would like the extra help to setup I actually work better alone. At least I'm not in denail about that fact. So after about a month of planning here is how it turned out!
It was an unexpected bonus that the room's decor matched the color scheme.
Sucker flowers complete with handmade Cricut made candy boxes
That little sucker kept me up until 1:30am!...along with his matching friend!
Compliments of fallen limbs in our backyard!
Goody boxes filled with candy
Kids craft table…what?…they might get hungry while crafting!
The kids were able to make a candy necklace and a foamie owl
Dessert table
I heard it was good….
Kami sized cake
I’ve always wanted to use cupcake toppers
The little bags had popcorn and M&Ms and the strawberry/marshmallow kabobs were a hit!
Adults had chicken salad croissants, pasta salad, fruit salad, and chips while the kids had PB&J, fruit salad, and chips
My little gift to the adults…the best spiked pink lemonade ever!
I have NO IDEA why the kids were all wound up!!?!!
Even the water was color coordinated
Kami’s outfit that I had made here
So excited to open her presents…she opened and “read” every single card!
Got a little shy when it came time to sing
So excited that she will be 2…or 1 & 1
What made it all worth it
Some may say I overdo it or she’ll never remember it, but to me it is 150% worth it. I love being able to celebrate one of the best days of my life and if it takes a little extra time, energy, and effort I’m OK with it. The pictures are worth 1,000 words and at the end of the day when my sweet, beautiful little girl told me “tank you”…case closed, it was worth it!
Cheers,
No comments:
Post a Comment