Tuesday, March 8, 2011

$5 Makeover

The problem…
009 007   
010 011
I definitely reached my breaking point when I realized I had no idea what was under or behind anything in Kami’s room!
The $5 solution…
012
My local Dollar Tree has a wonderful storage/bin selection where I found these little cuties.  The pink ones were 4/$1! These would also make some adorable gift/favor basket alternatives!
The result…
017 
The basket on top holds some off season accessories that I buy ahead on clearance. 
018
The basket and storage bin serves as a “keep” bin and a “take to resale shop/garage sale” basket.  This really helps me keep clothes that no longer fit easily organized and ready for their next destination. And even though Kami is my last child, I still save special occasion outfits or other items I may want to pull out, hold, and cry over when the baby urge creeps over me!
020 
So yes we broke Kami of her pacifiers, but you never know when an emergency could arise…and then those little suckers are worth more than gold!
022
This will in no means help the hubs put a ponytail in her hair, but it’ll at least take away his excuse that he can’t find any of her bows! 
Since I am always buying ahead for the next season to score some really good deals, these little helpers work great to keep it all organized and see how much I have for the next size up.
013 015
I found these at Paisley Monkey when I was pregnant, but I’ve recently seen these little cuties at Closet Monkey. They would make a very unique and useful baby shower gift!
518dHA-ct0L__SL500_AA300_
I love it when I find things that are organizational solutions as well as cost effective! I also couldn’t resist these other fun finds…Easter basket fillers, a basket to hold some goodies for my nephew on the way, and an adorable, functional reusable shopping bag! And for $1 each…love, love, love!
023
Saving money never looked so cute…and organized!
Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment