I've begun every Sunday morning by sneaking out before the kiddos wake up, stopping to get my latte, and grab my Sunday papers (yes, I get multiple Sunday papers...more on that another day). I clip all my coupons, organize then in my binder, and then make my dinner plans for the week. Mind you, I do all (or most) of my grocery shopping on Saturdays...so why do I make my dinner plans on Sunday? Well, what I've found is that if I make my dinner plans and then go grocery shopping I am then at the mercy at whatever the prices are for whatever ingredients my recipes will require. So since I do my grocery shopping based on what's on sale and what I have coupons for, I will base my meals off of what I already have stocked up. This has ended up saving me lots of money!
Ok, now on to the other tricky part! I often sit down to plan our dinners for the week and flip through my cookbook and never know what to make! I remember my mom always seemed to throw stuff together and always knew what would be for dinner...maybe I missed that part of Mommy 101! So my new plan is to cook at least 5 meals a week for a month and every time we find a family winner I'm going to write that one down on an index card complete with recipe and ingredient list so I can rotate our favs throughout the month. So where am I going to find these amazing 20-25 family friendly recipes you may ask?...enter Real Simple! If you have not checked out this website yet, take a break now and check it out here!
Did you check it out?! Did you love it?! I was in love from the tag line..."life made easier, every day"...Umm that's just about perfect don't you think?! That site and magazine has some amazing tips, ideas, and inspirations. I am most in love with their recipe section...love, love, love it!
Here's what we're eating this week...
Monday: Chicken with Parmesan, Garlic, and Herb Crust
Wednesday: Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos
Thursday: Reubens and Wedge Salad
Friday: Mama's Got The Night Off
BIRTHDAY PARTY!
The slow cooker recipes really save us in the middle of the week when we're all getting home around 5:00 and you mix in soccer, hockey, coaching, working out, etc. and who has time to cook?! Thank you crock pot! And remember, every mama needs a night off...even if that means frozen pizza or take-out!
Share with us some of your favorite, family approved recipes!
Cheers,




No comments:
Post a Comment