When I talk about making like sweet and being the one to choose what bad lemons I'm going to turn into lemonade, I truly mean it and have adopted it as our family motto 100% of the time. So as many of you have probably already come to realize, being mommy also means being taxi driver, chef, accountant, boo boo fixer, maid, etc. etc. etc...if you didn't realize that yet, sorry to break it to you that it comes with the title. It can at times be very daunting to look around and see all that needs to get done. So just like any other night there I was looking around at the dinner that needed to be cleaned up, laundry that needed to be put away, bathrooms that needed to be cleaned, my Christmas card holder that is still hanging up, and I wanted to have a mini temper tantrum and be sent to my room...PLEASE send me to my room for a time out! BUT...I remembered my little motto and wasn't going to let the everydays get in the way of my little girl who desperately wanted some mommy attention. So I put everything aside and had some "girls only" time!
We were hiding in her tent from all the boys
She was telling me a really good story
We kicked daddy out!
So after we had our girl time the laundry was still there, the dishes were still dirty, and that darn Christmas card holder was still on my wall, but my little girl was happy and oddly enough I was re-energized to tackle the dailys that were still waiting for me.
However, next time I'm hiding in the tent with my laptop and a glass of wine...shh...don't tell anyone!
Cheers,


No comments:
Post a Comment