Today I need to put on my serious hat to talk about something that has hit my heart and truly made me think about so much in life.
I know that I will be the first one to poke fun at the craziness and struggles of motherhood, but there is also the part of motherhood parenthood that we struggle with internally to shape and mold our little kiddos into the best well-rounded people they can be. We always try and protect them and shield them from anything bad and harmful in this world, but despite our best efforts sometimes things are just out of our control.
In the blogging community you find blogs and people that you relate to and it can feel as though you become apart of their family and you are emotionally affected by things that happen. This past week I have felt just that for these little kiddos who have been forced to grow up too fast and endure things that I don’t know how I myself would deal with. They are amazing heroes in their own right and my heart and prayers go out to them and their strong parents.
Please take a moment to bring them into your world and hear their stories.
Madeline at The Maddie James Foundation
Kate at Kate's Crusade
I never want to scare my own little kiddos about the terrible things that other littles go through, but I do want to emphasize to them empathy and a caring heart. I always want my kids to appreciate their health, happiness, family, and belongings and share what they have with others in all aspects of life. Tonight we are going to color these printable pictures found here and send them off to Kate here. When they ask why we are doing this and who are we sending them to, I will tell them the story of a little girl, their age, who is very sick and needs some beautiful pictures and our prayers to help her feel better. Yes, it is a 5 year old explanation, but that’s OK. I only strive for them to understand that we are doing what we can to help another person and that they feel good about doing so.
I know there are so many sick children, too many children that have to grow up quick and deal with grown up problems, and there is no good answer for why this happens. But, tonight I will pray for those children, pray that they find peace and health, and I will squeeze my littles a little bit longer and pray that they stay safe.
Cheers,
No comments:
Post a Comment